Hey now friends. It is the start of a brand new week which means it is the perfect time for a fresh start. Referring back to a previous post, I was trying to get a YouTube channel started as well as trying to post more consistently each week. I have had a few weeks to plan and really see if this is feasible to do and the answer is YES. However, it will take some time. I was really gun-ho on uploading my first video to my channel. I did a test shoot to see how the background, lighting, sound, and quality of the video would be and it was not what I wanted. I knew creating quality content was not easy but there are so many elements that can make it difficult. Currently, I am working on getting better lighting and a better camera to see if this will improve and produce videos that would be up to my standards to share. It will take sometime but it is a work in progress.
Another work in progress is posting every week. It is not that hard to put up a post but finding the time can be difficult. What I may do is create posts beforehand and schedule them to go up each week. There are many post that I have been wanting to share but I just need to find the time to create, edit, and schedule them to go up.
As for a life update, I was in a very bad funk for the last month. I emotionally shut down for a few weeks. It has been tough but I am getting through it. I will most likely post about it and pertaining topics in the next few weeks. Besides that everything is not too bad. There is a lot going on but not really if that makes sense. I am just trying to make the best of this last week of October. What are you guys up to this week? Are you sad or glad that October is almost over? Are you doing anything for Halloween? Let me know. I’d love to hear from you. I can’t believe there are almost 2 months left in the year. Let’s make the best of it. As always thank you so much for reading.
Hey now friends! It’s time to wake up now as September is ending. Hard to believe that it will be October this Saturday. Where does the time go? I have been thinking of what Top 5s of wanted to share with you and I think I have finally narrowed them down. Here are the Top 5s of the week.
1. Conair Styling Essentials Mini Pins– These mini bobby pins have been so amazing not just this week but for the last month or two. The size allows for a more discreet hold and perfect for those little mini whispies and flyaways.
2. Shutterfly– You have probably heard or seen about this website before. Shutterfly offers printed photos or merchandise. I have always wanted to try their service and finally did. As an introductory offer they provide 101 prints of your choice for free. This is not a gimmick. I just paid for shipping and handling which was about 8 or 9 bucks. I now have printed photos for my pictures frames. I even got some extras to send to friends. If you love having tangible pictures or are thinking of gift ideas this is a website you should check out!
3. Jersey Shore Cosmetics Mongongo Lip conditioner in Vanilla Coconut Cream– This was one of the products I received in my Ipsy Glam Bag last month. This is not just a chap stick. It is an anti-aging lip conditioner and essential in my skincare routine. Yes, lips are skin too. I love the vanilla coconut scent and it really moisturizes the lips. Did I also mention that it is organic? Winning.
4. Scalpmaster Shampoo Brush– It’s that time of the season again. That time when the weather changes and your scalp is unbearably itchy. Not to mention the embarrassing dandruff flakes that ruin your hair game. I may have a solution for you. Not only did I switch my shampoo to a natural tee tree oil shampoo but I also use this baby while shampooing and conditioning. The brush comes in a pack of 4 on amazon and is really inexpensive. This brush helps disperse product,helps to remove excess build up, and gives your scalp a stimulating massage. It is very gentle but efficient in getting down to the scalp.
5. Moon Lovers- Scarlet Heart: Ryeo– If you know me at all or have read of my previous TOP 5s you know I am a kdrama fanatic. This drama is a historical one that has all the elements of a great story. Not only are there amazing well known actors but the directing and costume designs really take you back in time. I am obsessed with this series. It is that good. You can watch free English subbed episodes on dramafire.com or dramafever.com. New episodes are released on Tuesdays unless you are lucky enough to have korean tv. There are 11 episodes currently out. Also if you are an EXO fan, Baek Hyun is in this drama.Just another reason to start watching.
Please let me know if you try or check out any of these Top5s. I would love to hear your feedback. As always thank you so much for reading.
Hey now friends! Happy Tuesday. As you may have already guessed by the title, this post is about my daily skin routine. I am 27 but get mistaken for being younger all the time. One of the most asked questions I get from friends and people that I meet is ” What do you do to your skin?”. In the last few years I have become more dedicated to my skin. I have a consistent skin regimen that I follow in the morning and night. It is not a 10 step Korean skin care routine although I do admire that commitment. This routine involves a basic prep and 3 steps.
Skin Prep- Skin preparation entails the cleansing of the face. Use your favorite cleanser to wash your face. Use eye makeup remover to get off water proof mascara and eye makeup. In the evening I will either wash my face or use a micellar cleansing water to remove make up and impurities from the day. You can also do a mask prior to cleansing your face instead of a cleanser if desired. I would not recommend doing a mask more than 3 times a week as some masks can dry out the skin.
Step 1. Toner- After my face is dry from cleansing I apply toner. Toner helps to further cleanse, hydrates, reduces the appearance of pores, and nourishes the skin. Depending on the ingredients of the toner it can also restore the ph of your skin. I liked using a toner that contained Vitamin E for the evening and a lighter toner in the morning before applying makeup.
Step 2. Skin Essence- Essences are different from serums because they are a bit thicker and more concentrated. Essences hydrate and restore the ph of your skin. They are also anti- aging and improve the look of your skin. I use 2 types of essences, one in the morning and a different one in the evening. I apply the product with my hands to my face and pat it in until dry. Typically an essence should be used after applying serums.
Step 3. Face Moisturizer- The last step of my skincare routine is applying moisturizer. This step is to further hydrate and nourish the skin. It also locks in that moisture throughout the day and night. I tend to use lighter moisturizers during the day under my make up and thicker ones when I sleep. You can also apply a lighter or thicker layer of moisturizer instead if you are committed to a particular product.
This is just a general guide of how I take care of my skin. This may not work for everyone. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone, occasional hormonal breakouts, but very dry otherwise. I can say I personally have seen a dramatic improvement in my skin. My skin has improved to the point that I can wear very minimal make up or none at all. If you forget what should be applied first just remember to cleanse the face and apply products according to their thickness and consistency.
I also wanted to mention that I do apply a primer prior to makeup in the morning but that is more pertaining to makeup application than skin care. However, a good primer can also improve texture and nourishment of your skin. If you are interested in specifically what products I use or recommend please leave a comment and let me know. There may be a later post this week of what products I have used, loved, and recommend to try. If you try this skin routine please let know what you think and your results. Also if you have any skincare secrets or tips of your own I would love to hear about them. As always, thank you so much for reading.
Hey now friends! Well, this feels like a first. I literally just posted my last blog yesterday. Today I wanted to share the TOP 5 things I am loving this week. These need to be shared with the public because they have been consuming my life lately. I hope you find something useful to you or intriguing enough for you to check out. Here are the TOP5s of the 2nd week, September 2016.
- Broad City by Comedy Central (TV)– I do not know if I’m just behind on the genius that is this show but it has not even been a week since I have been exposed to it. I ended up watching this show while visiting a friend in Connecticut last week. I had never heard of the show. After watching the very first episode I was hooked. I binged so hard that I have already watched all 3 season of this show online. Words could not properly describe the pure comedy that is this show. You are not sure if you are intrigued by its completely ridiculous plots or if it is totally relate-able to you in real life. Either way, this is a must see! Full episodes of all 3 seasons are available on Putlocker. I’ll leave it up to your imagination why I’m intrigued by this series.
- Aqua Pump Instant Hydration System from Mask House (Beauty)– I was lucky enough to have the opportunity of receiving this product in the mail after winning a Snapchat contest from Lookmazing. This is an intense moisturizer that can be utilized as a make up base, deep moisturizer, or overnight mask. I utilize it all three ways and this is pretty much the only moisturizer I am using at the moment. This product comes in a cream form but when applied to the skin, it turns into a water like texture that is absorbed and creates a barrier to hydrate your skin. A little goes a long way with this product. I use it in the morning before applying my make up and at night as part of my evening skin routine. If you have dry skin I highly recommend trying this product. Especially with the colder and dryer months coming up.
- Marshmello (Music)– I first heard the song titled “Alone” by the artist Marshmello in a hotel I was staying at with my sister and my boyfriend’s family. This song came on and we legit had a dance party for his 2 year old nephew. It was awesome. That moment was so organic and fun that I looked up more music from them and really liked the stuff. “Keep it Mello” is another great track that is fun and chill. They are two pretty different tracks but still make me feel the same way. Amazing.
- Fitbit Charge 2 ( Tech)-I can’t recall if I have ever posted about the Fitbit Charge but if I haven’t, it was because I was waiting for this baby. The Fitbit Charge 2 came out a week ago and of course I pre-ordered it. I admit it. Part of me felt incredible when I went shopping at Best Buy. While I was already rocking it on my wrist for a few days, they didn’t even have it in store yet. My, my, what have I become?! Anyways, not only does this fitness monitor track your, steps, calorie burn, heart rate, distance, flights of stairs, provides time and date, but it also has a new relaxation option that helps you relax by lowering your heart rate. Perfect for those stressed out times at work or even just taking a mental health moment and meditating. I personally am very interested in that kind of information for myself to help evaluating what changes I can make in my everyday activity.
- Lastly, planning and setting goals (Habit)- I know this isn’t an actual object or product. However, as planning and setting goals is not a material thing, you have nothing to lose and so much to gain. Lately, my bestie and I have started making sure that we accomplish at least 3 things that need to be done that day. Some of you may not have this issue but I can be quite the procrastinator. A product that I have mentioned before is the Any.Do App available on both Android and apple store. This app helps you track what tasks need to be done and when. It also has alarms you can set up to make sure you are on track. This app is so easy to use. I use it daily. You feel absolutely accomplished every time you cross off something and delete a task off your list. Why not feel good about about being productive accomplishing the little or big things.
I hope that you guys try some of these favorites out. I also wanted to clarify that I am not sponsored at all. All of the products mentioned are utilized by me personally and I enjoy them so much that I want to share them with others. As always, thank you so much for reading. I can proudly cross off this task off of my any.do APP and continue being productive today. Hope you all have a great day. Go accomplish something and be proud. Even if it’s just getting out of bed today. Yo go Glenn Coco!
Hey Now Friends! This week has been a wave of creativity and motivation. Creatively speaking, I have been working on starting my YouTube channel. It has been a long time coming. I’ve been wanting to do this for years now but never made the moves to start and I finally have. Hopefully, I will be able to put out decent content as I am very green right now. As soon as I have anything suitable you will be the first to know.
I also attempted and haven’t utterly failed yet at being financially responsible. I made sure to prepay all of my bills this month so I can buy more time to figure out my income situation. It has been almost a month since I left my day job. Though not the smartest move financially, it is undeniable how much more happy and positive I am since I left. I am applying to other position’s within my company and hopefully I will get a bite. Who knows? Perhaps a possibility of a position being produced for me may occur. How ambitious right? We will see.
I hope to put up a few more posts this week including TOP 5s and possibly a corresponding post to my YouTube video ideas. Not sure yet but I definitely want to get back into posting TOP5s. I have so many things I want to share with you guys so you can try them out and see what you think. As always, thank you so much for reading. I hope you are having a great week so far.
P.S. I also purchased 2 new plants. I named them Spike and Pina. So cute!
Hey now friends! It has been a little over 3 weeks since I quit my day job. I left my day job because I wanted to open up my availability to work more hours at the hospital and potentially get a second position with the company. I was working very steady hours for 2 weeks at my hospital which kept me busy. Unfortunately, my fears of what could happen after my sudden departure from my day job has begun. Initially, I was quite apprehensive about leaving my day job. I was unsure if I would be able to survive financially. However, my position was taking a serious toll on me mentally and physically so ultimately, I am happy with my decision. However, now it seems as if I have way too much time on my hands. Is that even possible?
I can remember back when I was working 7 days a week back to back and wished I had some time off. Now that I have that time I feel so unproductive. I think the best way to make use of this free time is to focus on improving oneself and doing things that are enjoyable. I have noticed that with more time I put more effort into my appearance. I am hoping this ample amount of time will allow me to do more things that I enjoy such as blogging, self maintenance, spending time with others, reading, and self reflection. For now, this free time may not be all bad but I am hoping to fill in some of the time with goals and working more in the near future. Only time will tell. As always, thank you so much for reading. I hope you are all having a great week. Until next time folks.
Hey now friends! It’s been approximately 22 days since my previous post and I’ve missed blogging so much. Since my last post I went on my first week long cruise to Bermuda with my boyfriend. It was absolutely breath taking and we definitely want to return. I have also recently resigned at my non profit job after four years. Though I appreciate everything I learned and all the experience I gained with the company, I’m really excited for the future.
Now that I will have much more time on my hands. I plan on posting more and possibly, potentially starting a YouTube channel with my bestie. I really want to tap into our creative juices right now and put out fun ideas for others to have access to. I also fully intend on focusing on my health. With the departure of this position I am no longer insured so I have to start thinking of plan B, C and even possibly D health wise. I’m sure I am not the only person in their late 20s that has this current struggle so I will have to look into my options.
I am hoping that everything will fall into place by next month but until then the world is my oyster. I will be making arrangements and plans for an exciting rest of the year. I’ll keep you all posted. As always, thanks for reading.