Hey now! Two post in one day? Indeed. I’m trying to play catch up on my own personal weekly post quota. So in case you didn’t know by the all the news and social media posts about Snowstorm Jonas, it was as bad as they said it would be. I live in Northern Jersey and we got hit with 32 inches of powder. I literally was snowed in all weekend with the exception of making my way to my boyfriend’s house Saturday night, ( he’s my neighbor) and unburying my car Sunday morning. Thank god for the invention of snow blowers because we were not making any progress whatsoever attempting to shovel almost 3 ft of snow . So what did I do with all that free time you may ask? Absolutely nothing. I slept a lot, ate a lot, and watched a lot of TV. It’s kinda embarrassing and disappointing if you ask me. There were better things I could have done with that free time than just veg all weekend. I could have finally finished knitting my circle scarf I have been working on for almost 4 years. I also could have worked out and felt better about myself instead of eating because I was bored. I should have cleaned up my place instead of not moving for hours off my bed or couch. And maybe I shouldn’t have watched Rocky Horror Picture Show for the 149107589236576 time but then again I have ZERO regrets about that. Bottom line, I could have been more productive but I wasn’t which I now regret. All I can do about it now is be productive now by of course posting blogs on Word press. All right enough rambling. Here are the Top 5s from this past week.
- Dream Diary– So in my last Top 5s I had mentioned keeping a Dream Diary so I can reflect on them and interpret my dreams. So far I have been able to remember at least one dream each night. I will typically write them down as soon as I wake up in the morning or attempt to write them down after waking up in the middle of night. Deciphering my half awake chicken scratch has been so entertaining. I even read some to friends and family which receive a lot of laughs. I have been enjoying doing this so far and I am still thinking about starting a Dream Interpreting group among friends and family. If any of you are interested let me know. We can always communicate via email, skype, wordpress, google hangouts, etc., just let me know.
- Knitting- Speaking of my 4 year old circle scarf project that I have yet to complete… Knitting is one of my Top 5s this past week. I reconnected with my old knitting habits and have made steady progress. I have found such peace and relaxation just knitting away in. It is quite therapeutic in a way. I am planning to finally complete this long overdue scarf this week. I’ll post a picture of it if I succeed.
- Fit to Fat to Fit– This week A& E premiere a new show called Fit to Fat to Fit. This reality show follows trainers that gain weight in an attempt to lose weight and get fit with their clients. I found this show concept incredibly fascinating. I myself have always struggle with my weight even though I have a B.S. in Exercise Science. For me the problem hasn’t been being physically active but rather having an emotional dependency with food. Though I have a basic knowledge of healthy eating I am not a Nutritionist and continue to struggle with cravings as well as over indulging. A lot of my friends and family have said to me that they find my personal journey more appealing to potential clients since I know the issues of being over weight and can relate. This show is directly related to this since the trainers experience first hand how difficult it is to lose weight when your body is de-conditioned. This show had me at the brink of tears at the end and I could see what an impact the experience made on both the client and trainer. I highly recommend watching this show if you are in the related field, or even if you want to see some incredible transformations and need motivation.
- Rain boots– Ahh my accessory of the week. While rain boots may seem like a very basic Top 5 item, you can not deny how useful they are. With the weather this past weekend I was so thankful to have rain boots that I could throw on to keep my feet nice and dry in 3 ft of snow. Wearing them this past weekend somehow brought me back to when I was at Playa Del Fuego in the fall. I lived in those boots. They were a lifesaver for the mud and giant puddles at the site. Plus the styles they come in are so cute and can be customized to your style. I may even invest in a second pair just in case.
- NO NO APINK– Well this is a surprise. Top 5s this week did not include a food item but rather a Kpop girl group? What?! Haha I know. I am not one to be interested in girl Groups with the exception of 2NE1 and F(x). A few weeks ago I was watching We got married with Naeun from APink and Taemin from Shinee. I had heard of APink before but again I was not interested. I find female KPop groups to be super generic. However, I could not help but to check out APink because of Naeun as well as fellow members Eunji and Namjoo making an appearance that season and a year later on another season where fellow Shinee member Key was on WGM . To be honest I only looked into one song which was No No and I was hooked. I even learned the dance which was very simple. If you like catchy tunes this one will please the ears.
That’s it for my TOp 5s. I will be posting my Top 5s of this week later this week. Thanks again for reading.