Bon Jovi said it best. Hey now friends! I wanted to post this blog at the beginning of the month but being the master procrastinator that I am, it is finally up today. As you can probably guess by the blog title this post is an update on how I am doing with this year’s resolutions so far. You can check out my original post at Resolutions for 2016.
- Resolution #1 Lose weight– Sigh, this has been a total fail…so far. When I made this resolution I was not aware of my hypothyroidism. Now that it was confirmed and I have been taking medication, I can finally start making changes to begin the process of losing weight. I would call this one a work in progress.
- Resolution #2 Save Money– I would call this one a work in progress. Though I did save up some money, I ended up spending it on unexpected expenses and much needed maintenance on my car. I am well aware of my finances right now as my student loans begin next month. I am planning to save up and budget better by preparing my own meals instead of eating out so much and entertaining at home.
- Resolution #3 Read More– YES! Finally, I can say I have been going strong on this resolution. I have been reading more and I’m so glad I have been. I think reading has unlocked some creativity and definitely helps me to check out of the digital world.
- Learn a New Language– This resolution I would consider as a YES but also a NO. From January to March I was doing very well on my efforts to learn Korean. I was utilizing a daily app, looking up the alphabet, and watching k shows. Then, I pretty much checked out. Though I still watch k shows I can’t say I have the same drive I did the first few months. I am planning to restart my endeavors soon. We will see how it goes.
- Start a Career– Ring a Ding Ding! We have a completed resolution! This resolution entailed finding a position in the healthcare field related to my Exercise Science Degree. I was successful in completing this resolution and now hold a position at a prestigious hospital in my area in Physical and Occupation Therapy.
- Meet New People– Of course I have completed this resolution and intend to continue. I have met many new people through my new position as well as through friends I had made the previous year.
- Improve my Writing Skills– I think we can all agree that we are our own worst critic. As far as improving my writing skills, I don’t see much evidence of improvement. However,this could be better determined by an outside party. I will continue on writing of course and reflect back at the end of the year.
- Not to be of Excellence– Ouch, this one has NOT been completed. I can say however, that I have been more myself and expressing myself more without reservations. I think part of me is afraid to be great and now that I am aware of how little effort I have put into this goal, I will work on it more for the second half of the year.
- Take More pride in my Appearance– This resolution I would consider a success. Though I can’t say I’m Anne Hathaway in the Devil Wears Prada, perhaps Anne from Princess Diaries. I still hide behind my glasses sometimes but honestly it’s because I feel like it is a part of me. Hair and Make up has been improved. Although I have been minimizing my makeup routine and switching over to more vegan and natural products, I have still been keeping up with my appearance. Clothes I am trying to wear things that are more flattering but not limiting myself.
- Show those I care about how much I truly appreciate them– This resolution has been a sweet success with a bitter aftertaste. I have successfully made great efforts in creating closer bonds with my sister, boyfriend, and best friends. From planning a surprise bday party for my bestie, to taking my sister to her very first concert, and showing my boyfriend how much he really means to me everyday. This has all been going well. However, I have also been cutting people out of my life. They just do not provide any source of positivity. I am not referring to the friend that might be going through a rough patch and takes you down a dark road. No. I am referring to anyone who brings me down and makes me feel insignificant. I will not tolerate it.
I’d love to hear how you are doing with your New Year’s Resolutions. As always thanks for reading.